5.11.2008

what's in a name.

For mother's day this year, my brother and I decided that it was time to officially make our step mother one of the family. . . as if she wasn't already. . . But to do this we decided to add her last name to our already wide selection of names. . .

I now have 2 more names than john Jacob Jingle Hiemer Schmit. . . 3 if you count Jiggle Hiemer as a hyphenate like some do.

2 less names than Tikki Tikki Tembo Nosherembo Cherri berry Ruchti Pit Berry Pembo.

1 more than I had last week, and many more than I can imagine ever actually needing.

It is 48 characters long, not including spaces.

It takes me nearly 10 seconds to say in a manner that others can understand. . . 4 seconds if I say it as fast as I can.

And takes up 4 lines in a standard text message.

Curious to see if my name was getting too ridiculous for even my standards I did some research to find out who had the longest name in the world.

The longest name used by a person according to the book of world records, was 27 names long, which means that I have 20 names to go before I could compete. . . His parents thought they were funny and gave him a name for every letter in the alphabet. . . Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenberdorft Sr. . .

1 comment:

dk said...

HAHAHA - "senior" .... I only have 6 - not including the married ones I got rid of.