The 24-7 coverage is not only becoming tiresome, but also offensive. For anyone else who was wondering, here are the headlines that CBC news world could have been covering. . . A few of which have a lot more impact on my life than Micheal Jackson's death.
- The bodies of two Canadian soldiers, who were killed when there helicopter was shot down 50 miles north of Kandahar, Left Afghanistan and are being returned home. These deaths bring the total to 124 Canadians killed on the Afghanistan mission since 2001.
- The Chinese Xinjiang province has been put under curfew as part of a crack down on protesters as Han Chinese clashed with Uighur in the capitol yesterday. Reports say that there have been 156 deaths related to the ethnic dispute.
- A report from the parliamentary budget office says that Canada will continue to rack up insane debt. . . By the 2013-2014 fiscal period the deficit is projected to be 16.7 Billion dollars.
- The city of London unveiled a memorial for the victims of the July 7th bus bombing 4 years ago.
- U.S Government finalized new stem cell research regulations, the regulations have opened up 700 stem cell lines to tax-payer funded stem cell research.